Meet the Dentist – Vienna, VA
Get to Know Your Dental Care Provider!
As a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology (ABOI), Dr. Barakat is recognized as one of the top implant dentists in the United States. He is additionally one of only four practitioners in the state of Virginia who specializes in The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST), among countless other accolades. Our patients’ smiles are always in highly capable hands when he is handling their care! If you’d like to learn more about him, just keep reading below.
Where Did You Study Dentistry?
Dr. Barakat completed his dental degree in 1998 from Alexandria University in Virginia. Following graduation, he attended a one-year general practice residency at Louisiana State University, followed by a two-year residency at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center. After its completion, he joined a private group practice in Virginia Beach and worked there for several years as a valued core doctor and a Board member.
Dr. Barakat has been awarded Mastership status in the Academy of General Dentistry, which requires the completion of over 1,1000 hours of continuing education covering all phases of dentistry, 4000 of which must involve case presentations and direct participation. He is also a credentialed member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) and a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantology, which is the highest credential offered by this internationally recognized organization to dentists who have shown excellence in dental implantology.
What Advanced Dental Training Do You Have?
Dr. Barakat completed the Medical College of Georgia’s AAID MAXI-COURSE in implant dentistry in 1998, which is among the most respected and comprehensive training programs in implant dentistry. He currently serves as a part-time faculty member at the Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry and has served as the Continuing Education Chair for the Academy of General Dentistry Virginia Chapter. He enjoys lecturing on both a national and international platform about implant dentistry in order to help increase the education of his fellow dentists. Here is a more comprehensive list of his awards and accomplishments:
- 2015: President of the Southern District of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- 2012: Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- 2012: Spear Education Faculty Club Member
- 2011: Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- 2011: Served as a Delegate for Virginia at the AGD meeting in San Diego, CA
- 2009: Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantology
- 2009: Associate Fellow of American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- 2009: Mastership of the Academy of General Dentistry
- 2009: Continuing Education Chair of the Virginia AGD
- 2008: Fellowship of the Academy of General Dentistry
- 2008: Fellowship of the International Congress of Oral Implantology
What Dental Organizations Are You A Member Of?
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Academy of General Dentistry