What to Know Prior to Your Visit
We’re incredibly happy that you’re considering Tyson Smiles for all of your dental care needs. As you learn about our services and team members, we hope you choose us as your next dental home. If you decide to schedule your next appointment, please take a brief moment to learn how you can prepare for your next visit. Everything you need to know, including financing, your first visit, and patient forms can be read about in more detail below.
Your First Visit
When you first arrive at the dental office, you’ll be warmly greeted by one of our team members sitting at the front desk. You’ll be handed new patient paperwork to fill out. Upon completion, you’ll be asked to come to one of our operatories and meet Dr. Barakat directly. At this point, he will perform a detailed exam of your mouth and other oral structures and recommend treatments if necessary. If you have any questions about your oral health or our dental office, don’t hesitate to ask!
When you have dental insurance, paying for your basic dental treatments can be a lot less confusing and far more affordable. Overall, it’s better than having to pay for your dental care costs out-of-pocket, which can be notoriously high depending on the services that you need. At Tyson Smiles, we are in-network with Delta Dental and Aetna, two of the most common dental insurance providers available today. If you have questions about your current coverage, we’ll do our best to help you out!
- Delta Dental Premier
- Cigna PPO
- Connection Dental PPO
- Aetna PPO
In-House Savings Plan
If you do not have dental insurance and you’d rather keep payment for your dental treatments in the dental office, you’ll be happy to learn about our in-house savings plan. This program helps you pay for basic preventive treatments for one flat rate. There’s no waiting period associated with your plan and no additional co-pays to afford or deductibles to meet. Getting your exams, cleanings, X-rays, and other forms of preventive care has never been easier!
- Our team members are screened daily for COVID-19 risk factors
- We recommend that patient documents are completed prior to your appointment.
- Upon request, we offer a Concierge Service – from Car to Chair. Upon arrival at our office, you may wait in your vehicle and give us a call to check-in. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter, and one of our team members will personally escort you directly into your thoroughly disinfected treatment room.
- Every person entering the office is encouraged to wear a facial covering or face mask
- Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment and notify the office if you have a elevated temperature.
- We will ask that all patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need assistance, we ask that this be limited to a single person if possible. If a patient is accompanied by a guest, we recommend that the guest waits outside of the office. However, we have created social distancing space in our reception/waiting area.
- Room Disinfection – We provide adequate time for our teams to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
- Our waiting area will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, etc., as these items are difficult to disinfect. Our doctors and team will be wearing all of the recommended and supplementary personal protective equipment (PPE). You may see face shields, caps, shoe covers, gowns, gloves and masks, but you can be rest assured we’re smiling underneath them.